As my birthday approaches on the 19th of this month, I thought I’d do something I’ve seen others do. A list of things I’ve learned in the mere 22 years of life. I feel like the past year has been extremely life changing and enlightening. Honestly I never thought I’d be where I am today but I’ve never been happier.
Without further ado; here are 22 things I’ve learnt in my 22 years here on this planet.
- Stand up for what you believe in, even if this means standing alone.
- Sometimes the littlest things bring the most joy.
- Life isint always fair
- “Success” looks different for everyone.
- Mamma knows best, always.
- Trust your gut.
- Never stop learning.
- Eat for health but also for happiness.
- It’s never a bad time to tell someone you love them.
- Don’t spend time on people who wouldn’t spend any on you.
- No failure is ever permanent.
- Don’t lose yourself trying to please others.
- There is no such thing as perfection.
- Investing in yourself and your own happiness is always worth it.
- It’s okay to say “No.”
- Mistakes are lessons.
- Family first.
- Money won’t solve your problems.
- Make an effort with others.
- Love yourself at every stage of your life.
- Never forget who’s rooting for you.
- All you can do is your absolute best.
There have already been so many highs and lows thus far in my life, but at the end of the day I am very lucky for the life I live. I’m very grateful for everyone and everything in my life, it may not always be easy but it’s always worth it. I can’t wait to see what this next year has in store for me, and happy birthday to all my fellow May babes!