If you’re like me the idea of cold oatmeal may seem a little off putting. It took me a while to actually hop on the overnight oats trend but BOY AM I GLAD I DID.
I am not kidding when I say this is probably the easiest healthy breakfast I’ve tried. Being a new mom of a 5 month old means meals need to be quick and easy. I am a big believer in healthy eating so trying to find super easy and quick, yet healthy and delicious recipes has been my new challenge! But seriously even if your not a Mom give this a try, it’s so delicious and customisable to any pallet.
Ok enough babbling, heres how I make my overnight oats:
Banana Chocolate Overnight Oats
Vegan • Gluten Free • Serving size (1)
You will need;
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Cashew milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/8tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1/4tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1tsp chia seed
- In a small mason jar (or large coffee mug) mix together all of the dry ingredients, Oats, cinnamon, cocoa, and chia seeds. Mix together.
- Stir in the wet ingredients, Cashew milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add in sliced banana and combine.
- Screw on lid (or cover with plastic wrap) and set in fridge over night.
- In the morning stir the oats to combine all the ingredients that have set. If you’re like me and have a massive sweet tooth you may want to add some more maple syrup or liquid stevia!
- If the oats aren’t the consistency you want try adding a bit more milk and stir until they are the way you like them!
Also, dont be afraid to get creative! Switch up your toppings and flavourings. Throw in some coconut shavings, walnuts, peanut butter, whatever you like! These oats are very customisable so feel free to tweak as you like 🙂